Adapted from 5-ingredient Slow Cooker Recipes by Better Homes and Gardens.
½ cup mango chutney
¼ cup bottled sweet chili sauce (or chili dipping sauce)
2 tbsp quick-cooking tapioca
1 ½ tsp grated fresh ginger or ½ tsp ground ginger
1 packet chicken breasts (or 12 chicken thighs)
1 bunch asparagus or broccoli (trimmed) or ¾ lb green beans (trimmed)
- Cut up any large pieces of fruit in the chutney. In a 4 to 5 quart slow cooker, combine chutney, chili sauce, tapioca, and ginger. Add chicken, turning to coat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high setting for 2 ½ to 3 hours.
- Shred cooked chicken with forks and stir to combine with ginger chutney and chili sauce in the slow cooker.
- Sautee asparagus or green beans in olive oil with garlic salt or steam broccoli.
- Serve shredded chicken mixture over rice, couscous, quinoa and top with freshly cooked veggies.